invitation


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It is not true. The world is far from being a small place. It may not matter whether friends, family, close ones are an hour down the road or in a different country because we can jump in the car, get on a plane, pick up a phone or write or read a blog post. But none of that is like spending real time with them. Time to just sit and drink coffee before a day starts properly. Time that doesn't have to be measured, time to do stuff in a day as the fancy takes and there is always tomorrow if it doesn't all fit. Time that includes long evenings and mornings and then more. And when there is time like that to find a bar and sip a beer or just drive a bit further up the valley, as far as a ruined abbey or a signposted cave, it can be the best time in the world.


It was so good to spend a bit of time like that with my brother for the first week in January. We struggle to stay in touch, busy lives, different countries and suchlike. Equally we both had a hard time last year. But now is time to be different and I hope he feels as optimistic as I do about this year.


February and I think that I should really be in gear for 2007. So here is to more contact... I know you called last night and I will try and get you at home tomorrow. I hope to see you over here before too long Murray too, come and see Hull. I'll check to see when Fonda 500 are playing.


0 Responses to “invitation”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about me

Weeks and months turn into years and who knows what surprises a new day will bring? As shelves fill with more songs, dust collects, memories accumulate and we pass through the lives of others, sometimes pausing, sometimes pulling up a chair, sometimes moving on. Thinking that tomorrow is going to be like yesterday. What do we know? I just like words and pictures, so why make excuses for collecting those either? But some things will never change, the sad songs will always be the best ones.

previous posts

old old old

Locations of visitors to this page


ATOM 0.3