time


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Is it all really relative? Time that is... I have driven, I have been on buses, I have been on trains oh a lot of trains and it seems like a long time since. I have been in Hull, in the same few houses, but I have also been to York and Doncaster and London, to Kings Cross a lot of times, and for all manner of reasons. So I have been round in circles and up and down in straight lines, but in the same place for very long? Well, no. It all seems like really rather a long time since I accomplished half of the things I set out to do at the start of any given week.



But what is new there? Most of the time has been spent having far too much fun for that, which is fine. This evening though, a proper winter cold windy evening, it feels like time to write again. So here is a short post, a few words to see if it will come back.

The months have been happy, full of plenty. I have new friends. So does Tobias. I have tasted real ale, been to the coast to see the sea and into the Wolds seeking a warm fireside. I have enjoyed dinners out and meals in, entertained eight round my table, or set it just for two, spent time with my family and met the family of others, watched fireworks from a rooftop or stayed in with the Xbox.




And just as things seemed already busy, the festive season is now upon us. And there are gifts to buy, cards to write, places to go, people to visit. Sometimes it all seems so much, like there just isn't time enough. Truthfully do any of us really have enough time to give to those we love? There are always half a dozen people jostling at the back of my mind and I wish the day was longer so I could see them all and tell them. But right now I am tired, weary from another day of work that came in addition to the joys of life, and my fine friends will have to wait patiently while I go to my bed.



I do think of you all, a lot of the time. Hey, you all have my phone numbers too...

Thursday is usually hobby night, but I have enjoyed it by my self this evening. Usually that means post processing photos from the past week, though the weather and work means that there aren't many exciting new pictures to sort through. There are plenty in my head though, both of the past couple of months and of the months to come... I will just have to take some of those and I will do my best to share them here soon.


0 Responses to “time”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about me

Weeks and months turn into years and who knows what surprises a new day will bring? As shelves fill with more songs, dust collects, memories accumulate and we pass through the lives of others, sometimes pausing, sometimes pulling up a chair, sometimes moving on. Thinking that tomorrow is going to be like yesterday. What do we know? I just like words and pictures, so why make excuses for collecting those either? But some things will never change, the sad songs will always be the best ones.

previous posts

old old old

Locations of visitors to this page


ATOM 0.3