autumn


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



it is all over for another year. I'll just have to wait for spring again now, for things to start happening. For the weather to make me want to get out and actually do outside things. For longer days so that I see the outside of our house other than at the weekend. Oooh, optimism and good weather and all sorts.



I took this picture a few weeks ago when it really was autumn. I was walking back from Puplet's, having enjoyed steak and fine red wine and I really wanted to capture the colours and the movement of a draughty autumnal evening. The picture looks OK if you don't look too close... I was just holding the camera against the tree trunk, so camera shake was inevitable. But it was just too late and too cold to go back out again with a tripod. And Tobias wanted to play games on the stairs and then go to bed.

So now I will have to wait until next year to try again. But spring will be here before too long and with it a wider choice of colours.


0 Responses to “autumn”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about me

Weeks and months turn into years and who knows what surprises a new day will bring? As shelves fill with more songs, dust collects, memories accumulate and we pass through the lives of others, sometimes pausing, sometimes pulling up a chair, sometimes moving on. Thinking that tomorrow is going to be like yesterday. What do we know? I just like words and pictures, so why make excuses for collecting those either? But some things will never change, the sad songs will always be the best ones.

previous posts

old old old

Locations of visitors to this page


ATOM 0.3