what's in a name?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So, altitude zero, what is that all about? Well, when this collection started sometime in summer 2004 it was already my record of the year. That is no mean feat for someone as indecisive as me, but Agora Fidelio touched me in a rare way. How to do justice to the one album that I would pick out of a whole 12 month period? Those that know me at all will know that – given the volume (ooh, double entendre) of music involved – it is something indeed for me to say that. But it doesn’t mean that I can tell you what it was to hear that record
-
on the way to hear Phi-One play with Manimal
-
by a log stove in a wintery St Gery
-
chilling with Vanessa on Finkle Street
-
relaxing with old friends in French summer sun
… essentially as a record for many different moments.

It is an outstanding album, that goes through the full rollercoaster of emotions that 2004 was for me. It is like Toulouse’s mogwaiesque take on proper guitar music and that means a lot to me. Ah, the Frenchness, yet the perfectly produced post-rockness of it, not to mention the pure Frenchness of it all. Simply wonderous.

I am not sure if it is available in the UK, I don’t think so unfortunately. But next time you are in Virgin on the Champs d’Elysées or maybe the FNAC down in Toulouse you really must get a copy. I have heard that they are excellent live (one day, one day...). Get on over there will you then.



0 Responses to “what's in a name?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about me

Weeks and months turn into years and who knows what surprises a new day will bring? As shelves fill with more songs, dust collects, memories accumulate and we pass through the lives of others, sometimes pausing, sometimes pulling up a chair, sometimes moving on. Thinking that tomorrow is going to be like yesterday. What do we know? I just like words and pictures, so why make excuses for collecting those either? But some things will never change, the sad songs will always be the best ones.

previous posts

old old old

Locations of visitors to this page


ATOM 0.3