and back to Hull


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It is always nice to go somewhere new. Sunday evening I found myself with a select group at the Santiago Bar in Leeds accompanying good friend Emma Rugg who was playing at their Sunday Session. Having offered to drive should Emma get a booking outside of Hull, I was glad to be of assistance. Hoorah for being useful.


It reminds me of evenings in Cahors back last century, when it would get to 9pm with nothing to do and Toulouse was just a 160kph hour down the motorway. Though it turns out that Leeds on a Sunday night was decidedly less exciting. No tapas restaurants open til 2am, no lively crowds milling in the streets, it was even quite easy to park and Burger King was closed by 9. Did we miss something? Oh, probably.



The Santiago was a cosy little bar but had the darkest stage ever, with just a few chandeliers to light the room and no stage lights at all. Without resorting to flash, the only way I got any pictures at all was thanks to f1.8 with the 50mm. Yes I am glad that I got that little lens. Light is kind of important to making photos, and the 50mm doesn't need very much of it.

On a more general scheme of things, well, I am just deciding what to do next. And what I should do next and why I want to do it. And Monday has not been helping, having brought rain and general melancholy. Yes I realise that this blog is a little downbeat at present, so my ambition for the next post is to write about happy things. I promise that I will be back with something nice to talk about. Really. Oh and we are going to see Emma play at the Tiger's Lair on Wendesday. Come on, it will be fun.


1 Responses to “and back to Hull”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    She looks good with dark hair

    I've already said too much!

    *runs off*

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about me

Weeks and months turn into years and who knows what surprises a new day will bring? As shelves fill with more songs, dust collects, memories accumulate and we pass through the lives of others, sometimes pausing, sometimes pulling up a chair, sometimes moving on. Thinking that tomorrow is going to be like yesterday. What do we know? I just like words and pictures, so why make excuses for collecting those either? But some things will never change, the sad songs will always be the best ones.

previous posts

old old old

Locations of visitors to this page


ATOM 0.3