Journey to Anywhere


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



OK, let me get this straight. Right now I am in France. It is the second week of my two week 'visit' back to where I grew up and where I have been living with Hannu since Christmas. But I am returning here from a month spent in the UK, where I have just started a new job. There, although we own a house (I am sure there will be more about number 42 at some point later), I had to stay with a friend as our property has been let while we were out of the country... and I was not expecting to be back so soon.

So I was in a familiar city, wearing my same old clothes and seeing the same lovely friends. But the rest of life suddenly leapt into a different dimension.

Having a totally new job is great. In fact I cannot believe that such a beautifully insane place to work would suddenly appear to me just when most needed.
But it is just mind bendingly odd to live on the uncharted territory between all that is familiar... and driving past the end of 'my street' but never turning down to our front door because someone else lives there. And well, none of the cars that I have been driving have been 'my car'. Because I work in a somewhat rural area, I have had to just buy another (UK based) car so that I can get to work and back. And I have to settle back to this new life and sort out my mobile, yet give out someone else's contact details and pretend that they are mine. It is kind of like being a secret agent and having to erase a past life (well, for a couple of months at least). Or pretending to be amnesiac and not remembering what I should really be doing.

I am of no fixed abode.
And Hannu will be in France until September.
... I think it might be another odd summer.

So long as I can take more of my record collection with me when I head back North again.


0 Responses to “Journey to Anywhere”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about me

Weeks and months turn into years and who knows what surprises a new day will bring? As shelves fill with more songs, dust collects, memories accumulate and we pass through the lives of others, sometimes pausing, sometimes pulling up a chair, sometimes moving on. Thinking that tomorrow is going to be like yesterday. What do we know? I just like words and pictures, so why make excuses for collecting those either? But some things will never change, the sad songs will always be the best ones.

previous posts

old old old

Locations of visitors to this page


ATOM 0.3